Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2015

St. Padre Pio Shrine, Quezon City Manila

























I just came early from the exact time for my interview located in Quezon City Manila, participating for Academicals Case Studies of UE students.

After that my plan is to visit the Shrine of Padre Pio located at Libis Quezon City. After an hour’s participating the case study and having fun being part of it.

We just drop quickly in a free admission Art Exhibit Gallery located at 5th floor gateway Tower. To explore and just to see amazing art works related about Philippine History. Now it’s time to go to my target place.

I was really intrigued about Padre Pio Shrine located in Libis, Quezon City Manila. But I heard there is also another one located at Santo Tomas Batangas. (I never been yet there but anyway I will share you my experience visiting the Libis, Quezon City Manila Shrine)

Its lunch time and hot afternoon were about to walk a few distance to reach the public terminal to ride a jeepney that bring us to the target destination.  We ride a jeepney that route going to Rosario and Libis Quezon that cost us 10 pesos only.

Now we already off to jeepney and need to walk few steps to the over pass bridge and reach the Petron Gasoline Station where the Shrine is nearby.

While entering the place you will feel that the place is very solemn. Based on my observation the structure of the church place it’s not too far from the Padre Pio shrine in San Giovanni Rotonda Italy. It’s really a replica style and you will feel bless surrounded by nice statue of saints and beautiful ambiance like fountains, arc and lots of stone sculpture of angels.

I find it that it’s so very angelic and relaxing.

Beside of enjoying the place the main purpose of visiting is to send our prayers. Be thankful for all the blessing and keep the faith in our heart doing good things. And I did send my prayers being thankful for everything, appreciation of feeding my spirit and soul of gratitude’s, asking wishes and some personal sentiment.  It’s really ideal place for prayer and meditation.

I give myself time to down my knee, feel the silence, pray and show some respect in this holy place. My heart was really feel delighted being here and meets Padre Pio as a Saint and being a roman catholic its part of our spirit life to pray and talk to our god based on our belief.

The church was actually sacred and practicing a strict dress code policy in terms of proper attire. Before entering the church you need to wear a piece of fabric that can cover your legs if you are wearing shorts or skirt above knee for woman. 

To show some respect and it’s also a significance culture of visiting the church in conservative formal way. Since I wear short dresses I need to follow the policy so I can enter the sacred place and I really do understand practicing nice ethical way of dressing policy.

After a minutes of offering prayers and cherish my moment in this cozy church that makes you feel spiritually home and chill because of fully air-conditioned ambience that makes you forgot the humidity outside. It’s time to go around, explore and enjoy some other space.

Getting around is lovely you will actually find the place is spiritually inviting because of many angel sculptured spread around, Images of Jesus Christ and Mama Mary, candle place where you could do your personal devotion or prayer intention, there’s a place where you can hang and put your own rosary to side corner of life size image of Padre Pio, they also have small chapel where you can pray silently and also offer flowers and some donation, enjoying the garden, having fun seeing pigeons around freely flying and feed by caretakers. The place is really impressive and makes you feel solace.

There is so much to do and see, but the most interesting view point when you get here is to really know more the life, works and story who exactly Padre Pio as a Saint for many Filipino devotees.

Here’s brief information about Padre Pio

Pio of Pietrelcina (25 May 1887 – 23 September 1968) was a Capuchin priest from Italy who is venerated as a saint, having been canonized by Pope John Paul II. He was born Francesco Forgione, and given the name Pio when he joined the Capuchins; he was popularly known as Padre Pio after his ordination to priesthood. He became famous for his stigmata - bodily marks, pain, and bleeding in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ. This phenomenon continued for fifty years, until the end of his life.

Padre Pio believed that the love of God was inseparable from suffering and that suffering all things for the sake of God was the way for the soul to reach God. "After my death I will do more. My real mission will begin after my death" - he was once quoted. True enough, he is known to grant the wishes and prayerful "intentions" of the faithful. He further said, “If God refuses no one, how can I refuse those seeking my help!”

The Shrine is maintained by Mr. Ramon Rodriguez a businessman and his wife Ms. Didi Cloribel Rodriguez as their property located at Bagumbayan Quezon City. They were also recipients of God’s grace through a miracle.

According to a story Mr. Ramon experienced Padre Pio Miracle in 1979. At that time he was suffered in high blood pressure that causes blindness in his right eye and blurred vision in his left eye. Then a concern friend gave him a novena prayer to Padre Pio, he picked up and read the novena to know who Padre Pio was. Unconsciously he was reading the novena prayer and wondered why he was able to read it clearly. And the miracle happens when his Ophthalmologist told him that is cured and could see clearly his vision. After that miraculous happen he dedicates his faith, always pray and venerates Padre Pio for this unforgettable miracle happen in his life.

And I was so bless that I have chances and my friend visit this place for spiritual purpose and having a great time.  Don’t underestimate the power of prayer and we all know that every different religion have their different belief and all we can do is to RESPECT. And always keep to our mind to share the act of kindness with all our heart.

I recommend you to make a time for yourself to go there to pray and enjoy the place. Don’t forget as well to share your story.

Love
JAZZ-SIMPLYTRAVEL

No comments:

Post a Comment