Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 16, 2015

People's Park in the Sky, Tagaytay City






















Hey! Fellas another more park to enjoy. Of course who doesn’t even know the Tagaytay City? My one favorite places to visit which is quite near from my hometown. Because the nice ecological atmosphere and the blustery temperature. I really enjoy this place, not too much hot and too cold it’s both good blends of warm and cool wind.

There are a lot of places to visit, from public tourist spot to exclusive place in Tagaytay City.

It’s lovely sunny Holiday and I just wanna go around somewhere and relax after a week being busy. So I think the perfect place to go and spent my day is the Park.  And accompany with my best buddy, my Best friend.

From my house it takes 1hour and few minutes to reach the People Park in the Sky. I don’t know how to drive beside I don’t have a car. But it will be the fastest way to travel the Tagaytay City. Of course as an ordinary citizen and living in simple life public transportation is always out there. The tricycle and jeepney.  It’s symbolizing a Filipino lifestyle on how they travel places to one another thru land transportation. From the Public Market of Balibago Complex where you can find the terminal for commuters, we ride Jeepney route going to Tagaytay City. It will take you a few minutes to load passenger in the jeepney and every individual cost P50 per head as traveling fare.

So if you don’t want to feel bored better play music or make some nap while traveling, nor if you love games, be sure you have your mobile phones on hand to use your time while on the road. Of course the best thing to kill boredom for me is not being alone, because I’m very talkative and love conversations I appreciate rather bring some buddy with me to hang around and talk many things. (But be sure you are with a sensible one).

Glad I have my best friend always on the go, while she is not yet committed in married life. Because we have much topic to talk for and enjoying scenery like old houses, fruit shops, wood craft store and some huge pineapple farm. We haven’t even felt bored until we notice that we reach the Tagaytay City. And ready to transfer to another jeepney that will bring us to the specific destination.

Now from the main Tagaytay City once you are off there you need to wait and ride for another jeepney that will heading up to bring you to People’s Park in the Sky. And it cost you only P20 as a travel fare.

While going there riding on the second jeepney you will enjoy viewing the famous and lovely smallest Volcano in the whole world. The Taal Volcano surrounded by lake and fog.  In just few minutes here we are, getting our ticket for entrance that cost you P30. (I remember way back years ago it was only P10) Now it was truly happens that every now and then the price is getting higher and higher every year. Ok! I just notice and wonder, but we will not tackle about the economy crisis hehe…

Going back to our journey the road is tough because of ups and down, zigzag road and of course in one mistake it can cause a big danger. (Glad our jeepney driver brings us safely and drives calm way).
From the entrance you will actually seen an architectural structure of a brick castle. (Oh I wish I’m in Ireland or somewhere in Europe where I can find real Castle).

So what exactly what it means? And what exactly the story of this Park is all about?

It used to be known as Palace in the Sky. It was built under administration of the Marcoses in 1979. People’s Park in the Sky is an unfinished business of former president Ferdinand Marcos and his wife Imelda Marcos.  It was intended to be a guest house for former US President Ronald Reagan, who was set to visit the Philippines. But due to political situation at the time, the “palace” was not finished, the visit cancelled and after the People Power EDSA Revolution, the name changed to People’s Park in the Sky. Unfortunately, this site was actually look abandoned; but still it remains a top attraction in Tagaytay City. Once you reach the top area and sitting at the highest point of the Park, the site provides a 360-degree view of the city. The People’s Park in the Sky is a Natural art and a man-made art.

And this place still great for sightseeing for a wonderful green field view, blanketed of a perfect fogy clouds and enjoy seeing the Taal Volcano.

You can also visit and go upstairs to the Shrine site where you can find the Shrine of Our Lady, Mother of Fair Love, located within the People's Park in the Sky. The shrine was installed in December 15, 1974 with the installation of the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the child Jesus by Hernan D. Reyes.

On the top area you will also find the big statue of Jesus Christ where you can offer prayers while enjoying the scenery. I admire this place where you can relax, enjoy going around, buying souvenir and stuff in Souvenir Shop, sat down and take time to chill and relax your eyes with the view.

You will certainly enjoy walking going up and down in every area, from stairs to zigzag way, seeing pony and taking pictures with in any angle of the view.

And it was really fun when a Nigerian guy asking if he can able to take some picture together with me, on his mobile phone even if he is quite intimidates and shy from me. But of course I’m a friendly type and I find that it’s not bad to be with those people who adore your look on the Photo. (Feel like I’m a celebrity) I didn’t know his name but thank you and I really appreciate your politeness.

Now all I can say that this place is overwhelming.  Enjoy and have fun try to visit this place.

I didn’t own the First Photo since I forgot to take some photo from my camera I was just getting a great one from internet. So you can able see the main entrance.

The rest is from JazzrellRio Photography

JAZZ-SIMPLYTRAVEL

No comments:

Post a Comment