Total Pageviews

Monday, January 11, 2016

Museum of San Pablo City of Laguna














































I’ve been many times in San Pablo City and share to you my blog about the Sampaloc Lake and Café Lago where it’s located. Again it’s called the City of 7 lakes and well known in coconut products such as Buko Pie/Coconut Pie.

It’s a good start for me for year of 2016 to witness and celebrate their Coconut Festival in which they celebrate this kind of Festivity in a whole week. Since it’s my sister hometown I have chances to stay for 5 days and enjoy the festivity.

The most interesting part aside from other activity is the (Mardigra’s) Street Dancing. So I decided to join the Festivity 21st San Pablo City Coco Festival Photography Contest so I will have my ID pass and chances to get closer and capture the Street Dancing.

(I will share the story of my Coco Festival experience on my next blog, mean while let’s talk about the Museum of the San Pablo City).

But before that I need to register in Tourism Department of San Pablo City in their municipal hall located at Capitol Compound, San Pablo, 4000 Laguna (to be exact). And in just few walk you will reach the Sampaloc Lake Park.

This is my ever first time to get in and explore their Municipal Hall in which you will totally feel they still preserve the old style architecture of the building from hallway to stairway, floors and to their walls.

After I’m done with my registration and got my mechanics paper print copy for the contest, on the other side of the tourism Department you will obviously see the Museum.

You can see old photographs, landscape of San Pablo City hang on the wall, politician’s pictures, paintings and artwork of some creative resident living in the city.

If you’re about to enter and want to explore the Museum of San Pablo City it’s located at the 3rd Floor and 4th floor and it’s all free.

But as token of appreciation it’s all up to you to put some financial help in their donation box in any amount that can able to use for their maintenance and financial necessity for the sake of museum. It will be a big help for them aside from the government help support.

When I enter the place I was totally amaze with amazing eye catcher Photograph of the 7 Lakes and some paintings made by Sampableño artist.

The people who lived in San Pablo called Sampableño.

Aside from colorful paintings you will see some few relics, old artifacts, historical documents, old things and a cultural tradition such as dress, musical instrument and other old paraphernalia.  There’s also some old furniture’s and old artworks that convey a tribute from those artist people who strongly love the San Pablo City.

Museums truly give us a real view from the past, history, remind us a cultural heritage and teach us good things to reminisce. I really wish that many young teens will still encourage and embrace to pay attention in history and culture in this generation. And appreciate that Museums promote the preservation and conservation of historical matters, develop tourism, cultural heritage and resources.

It’s really worth it to spend time and know the history of one place by visiting Museum like this.

And really impressive how many talented and visible artists who share their passion reflected in their art works. We must keep in our mind and heart to keep those historical past alive and still preserve in our present life and share it in the near future. Glad I have my sister’s point and shoot camera with me and took lot of pictures to share but I totally advice that you must visit the museum in actual and feel the presence of Art and History. You will more appreciate it and enjoy visiting or being there in the actual place.

I find this quotation in Museum of San Pablo as remarkable thoughts…

“A Sampableño will discover his/her own linkages and find at the same time the reasons for the well springs of his/her faith in the present and the future of his town.

Without doubt he/she would know and feel that he has a cultural, social and historical identity - he/she is a Sampableño his/her town is SAN PABLO. And he/she glories in it... a native son or daughters will the reason why he/ she are proud that he is Filipino”. -Angelita M. Pulgado Schools Division Superintendent San Pablo City (1980)

In tagalog translation:

“Matutuklasan ng isang Sampablenyo ang kanyang pinagmulan at mga kaugnayan at matatagpuan niya ang mga bukal ng kanyang pananalig sa kasalukuyan at hinaharap ng kanyang bayan.

Walang dudang malalaman niya at madarama na may batayan sa kalinangan (kultura) lipunan at kasaysayan ang kanyang pagkakakilanlan - siya'y isang Sampablenyo, ang lungsod niyay SAN PABLO. At ikinararangal niya ito-- makikilala ng tubong San Pablo ang dahilan kung bakit siya nagmamarangal kung bakit niya ikinararangal na siya'y Pilipino”.

Now I feel glad and bless I have this chance to visit the Museum of San Pablo City to feed my mind with historical knowledge and use our heart to appreciate and understand that we must love every single details and things that remind us about olden times and be proud of it.

Once you visit San Pablo Laguna don’t forget to have time to visit their museum. And share your story with us!

Photo Credit to JazzrellRio Photography

Love
JAZZ-SIMPLYTRAVEL

No comments:

Post a Comment