Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 20, 2015

LAC Outreach Feeding Program, Umbrella, Whistle and Flashlight (SOS Donation) at Liliw Laguna





















Today is a lovely day, waking up early in the morning at 6am seeing a wonderful sun rise. I prefer to stay with my sister’s hometown at San Pablo City where you can find the amazing 7 lakes. And it’s quite near to travel my target destination.

Who doesn’t even know about Liliw Laguna? Well known Footwear Capital of the Philippines. Exciting right? But the most exciting part is to see and spend time to another bunch of kids for Outreach Feeding Program and SOS Donation. The program is about to give umbrellas, whistle and flashlights to 100 kids of Liliw Laguna. It’s actually charity project of LAC Community and once again this is my third time around to participate and join this wonderful activity.

From my sister’s hometown it takes me an hour to travel Liliw Laguna to San Pablo City. I need to ride jeepney that will pass through another town called Nagcarlan. While travelling riding in jeepney you will notice how beautiful Nagcarlan is. There’s a lot side by side running water resort and hot spring resort. People living here reflects simple life, the road is quite enjoyable where you reach the mountain view and see lot of running stream surrounded by different sizes of stones. It’s also relaxing seeing green field, farm and lot of trees. I’m already far from urban place.

Now I’m so excited to reach Liliw Laguna and see the kids I brought some few toys and gift for them.
Now I’m off in jeepney, safe and finally reach the place. When you reach the Liliw Laguna you will be pleasantly welcome by tons of long spontaneously different footwear store. It’s very lovely seeing different kind and colorful footwear to offer. You will also amaze with the structure of Liliw Church and how it’s attractive in your eyes made by red bricks.

The atmosphere was absolutely spectacular.

Now it’s time to go where the place of feeding program is.
My fellow volunteer group already has their own way and jeepney service to get in the place. So since I already commute I need to ride one more tricycle to climb the high road reaching Barangay Oples Liliw Laguna where the venue is.

The place was actually not easy to find since I need to pass through zigzag and even ups and down roads. Feel like it’s an obstacle in field but I know it’s really worth for

When I reach the place I had seen tons of kids and their mom sitting and waiting in the venue chosen by our group. My fellow volunteer started to do their own duties; some are preparing to cook for macaroni soup that will give to kids after the game activity to entertain them for a while.

Of course what else to do? I just put down my big fur bag on the table side and started to work and do my duties. And that is to be one of the hosts to entertain kids with my fellow partner Ms. Joms.
Our Founder Jem is too busy doing some stuff and preparing the umbrellas, whistle and flashlights.

The show must go on and all we need to do as a host is to let the kids play, sing along with us, dance and also orient them how important to be prepared in terms of natural disaster.

Educate them too and advice them to be a good human being. Everybody is laughing, giggling and even enjoying participate the games we have. Some of them were truly like the prizes we given from toys to cash reward.

Every time I see myself and experience this moment feels like I was getting back with my childhood and enjoying their innocent attitudes. It’s truly priceless.

These hundred kids are amazing but what truly catch my attention is a 5 year old girl who dream to be an artist. And when the moment she join our mini dance contest all of us was truly astonish by her graceful movement in dancing. She’s adorable and talented, glad I have chances to have a picture with her and I was hoping that she will grow with lovely heart and embracing the art especially in field of music and dancing. Obviously she had a natural blood of being an artist and very gifted.

Every kids has their own individual stories, I had chances to sat down even a minute talking with a  young boy who stop studying because he had a heart problem. My heart really burst into sadness hearing this kind of thing, why sometimes people who wants to live in good way suffer with illnesses in which they are not deserved to.

But the answer that I did to this young boy is “COURAGE” a wisdom word to encourage him. To motivate him and support him morally that life needs to go on especially at his young age.
I can tell you that every time you have chances to be part of charity work you will learn a lot how to value life hearing different stories from other people. And being tools as yourself helping other as a purpose is truly matter, it’s not about what’s in your pocket but your time to spend and your purpose to encourage unfortunate people, kids and old one.

It’s truly pleasurable in your heart and soul to make kids smile and give some help for a while. When the macaroni soups already cook our team started to segregate each cup for children. After an hour of games, it’s time to fill their starving stomach then after time to give them the umbrellas, whistle and flashlights.
While the kids eating we have chances to share vitamins C tablet to some mothers and adults who are in the activity area. And Ms. Joms orient them to love their kids and send her message of being so thankful for having us in this place.

After the kids were done at their meal our Founder Jem give his minutes of advice and word for kids to treasure and value education. He explain as well the proper use of umbrella to protect them in rain, the whistle that can able to use as a good tool to ask attention of help in calamity state and flash light as a source of light if there’s brownout happens in the area.

It’s time for us to assist and keep a good line up for kids to have their sos donation. We make numbering ticket for them from 1 to 100 so we can able to give one by one for each kid the umbrella, whistle and flashlight in a good flow.

Everybody’s wearing their smile, started to blow their whistle because of excitement, open up their umbrella and test there flashes light. And the sweetest part is they actually saying “Thank you” with you, which actually soften you’re heart because of their young age they know how to appreciate the small things you’ve done.

I will never forget this thing happen in my life, that I had chances to meet and hang around this tons of kids of Liliw Laguna. And see the kids enjoying as well our company. I also want to thank LAC Community for having me in their charity work. Learning and making my day productive, appreciating the core value of helping other people.

If you have a wonderful stories and experiences regards charity share with us!

Photo By: JazzrellRio Photography

Love
JAZZ-SIMPLYTRAVEL





No comments:

Post a Comment