Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Even a HEART can TRAVEL






















It’s a hectic Tuesday morning. My hometown is busy and for sure what else the Capital City Manila? This is the day I’m waiting for. The Philippine Foundation conduct “Art Boats Project”, I was actually voluntary offer my day, being part of this inspiring and great project to meet and to have a great time to kids who are cancer patient. It was supposed to be last July 10, 2015. Due to unpredictable weather and experiencing typhoon it was cancelled and reschedules this Day July 21, 2015.

It’s early in the morning prepared and ready to travel the City, I was so excited and feels like it’s another best day for me to be part of it.

It’s very crowded and heavy traffic in my place, due to unexpected check point of transportation group to conduct a big license checking for public drivers. It really causes a huge heavy traffic.  I’m only a commuter and depending only for public transportation.  Even I have the early time to travel, this thing waste my time and affects my travel duration to get in the capital city Manila.

I was feel so bad wasting my hour and feel so impatient for what happen, now I need to transfer for another jeepney that will bring me to south manila where I can able to ride on the Bus terminal going to the Main Capital. Another issue is filling up the jeepney with passenger, it really takes a long time, and I feel bad luck today, my time is running and lot of time is wasting.

Because I don’t want to feel disappointed for what’s happening I’ll take my time reading a book I have on my bag. While traveling I focus reading so I forget time wasting cause by traffic.
I kept running and feel in hurry when I’m taking off and now ready to transfer and ride on a bus heading up the main city Manila.

And then I thought I’m already safe and escape from being stuck for slow flow of traffic. Why even sky express way is also experiencing this, (Is it because of over population of people who have their own vehicle? Problems in drivers discipline? Or maybe we need more road widening?) It’s really makes me feel so embarrass  that even I have more time estimation adjustment  for this day to travel, my time consume for this waste issue.

I reach the point that I was really late for almost 2 hours, I reach the train station and I don’t have a choice because this will be the best way to reach the station near to the hospital venue for activities.
I was feeling so upset being so late, what happen to my beloved Philippines, even buying ticket for train is slow and time wasting.

I was so disappointed, but I still believe myself that I dedicate this day to see the kids and my willingness to participate. I have still this flaming hope that I should keep going, reputation and commitment is so important. And it’s better to keep going and being there than to give up.

I finally reach the final station and need to ride 1 more jeepney to reach the Philippine Children’s Hospital. Glad it takes me 15mins to get there and few walk to enter the final destination.

The event is located at the lobby of the Hospital near in open ground.  I arrived and wearing my smile and feel happy despite of disappointing time travel issue. I sat down in some area while looking up these kids. They actually enjoy the Magic show of 2 entertaining clowns. And I saw Ms. Pilar Tuazon (well known Photographer/Sony ambassador) she is one of the people behind this great charity event, I greet her and ask for my sincere apology being so late and I feel ashamed. And still she smile, warmly welcome me and told me to hang around with kids even I wasn’t able to do the expected duty given to me. (Thank you so much Ms. Pilar Tuazon I adore your kindness).

I’m supposed to be the one of the artist that will lead the kids to hang around with them and joining them to draw, sadly I arrived and the drawing session is done.

But then what else I can do? To play with kids, assist and talk with them even I only have few hours left. Sitting around and talks in a few parents and kids is amazing. Every individual case I heard is truly facing difficulty in cancer.

I’m just late at its just a minor problem compare to serious thing they fighting for. My disappointment relieved and I feel glad witnessing this great event. I am enjoying talking with those parents sharing their sympathy while listening to their stories. Having fun playing and talking with kids and enjoying assisting them with our fellow friend Mr. Clown giving balloons for each and every one.

They are genuinely showing their happiness at the moment, the smile they had is truly pure and lovely. The way they laugh and giggles is like a harmony of their strength and sign of tools which is called braveness.
Now I feel I was surrounded by good perception, they are also inspiration to us; normal people that even they have disorder, illnesses and disable, they keep on fighting to live as a normal as we are. They try their best facing medication process and have the faith and courage to defeat cancer.

In this atmosphere you will feel the mix emotion of appreciation, sadness, happiness and courage seeing and hearing them. I really adore their spirit and persona.

Being a cancer patient is not easy, the struggles is always there and even the feeling of being so hopeless. At very young age feels like their life is just only borrow and any time their life can be stolen. I feel sad and teary thinking about the sad part. Their innocent was bringing us hope the moment they smile and show us the feeling that things are normal even if, its not. I always wonder why these kids deserve to be in this situation while there’s a lot of bad people are doing bad things and deserve to be in their place as karma.

 Now I guess there are an angel, angel that teaching us to understand the power of kindness and giving. To appreciate exactly what is love all about while we are living. How we should value our LIFE being fortunate. There are truly great reminders of positivity for good change. In every cancer patient died a day there’s another 5 that comes. Sad to hear but it’s true.

We are actually not aware so much how this disease is prone and visible. Because many of us are too busy spending our time in different way. Many of us ignore and feel like its ok because we felt safe for being out of these cases.

I’m so very glad and thankful for this memorable experience, my awareness gain knowledge, my heart was filled of love and inspiration. My time is not a waste dedicating in this activity. It such an honor and feel so thankful witnessing and being part of it.

I’m sending my gratitude to Ms. Pilar Tuazon for being so nice, polite and calm woman, she is really adorable woman and artist. I really idolize her not only in Photography field but also sharing and giving us the opportunity to remind us kindness. She is a wonderful and truly inspiration. Thank you so much.

And for those kids that I been played and hang around they are such an inspiration too, an angel and reminders of a good instrument for us and for me, being a good figure of braveness and hope.
I wish I have more time to spend with them and I have no doubt to extend my moment with them. This experience is truly a treasure and I considered this as part of my journey.

How and why?

Because my heart travel to expand love, my mind understand more and my soul is like dancing while listening their laughter and giggles. It makes me smile seeing them escaping for a while with their serious combat in cancer. And I cherish this moment.

Thank you as well Philippine Foundation for this enormous eye opening activities, to all sponsor, crew and my fellow volunteers I also being thankful to work with you all even a short time. My heart feels so great and wonderful.

Let’s always keep our heart travel the world with kindness.

All Photos owned by JazzrellRio Photography

Love
JAZZ-SIMPLYTRAVEL

2 comments:

  1. I so love your photos, Ms. Jazz. I've been with these kind of kids back then...
    Photos above are their precious moments and you captured them well. Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion's Imaje absolutely amazing experience and spent my time to these amazing kids i adore their braveness for their battle through cancer :)

      Delete